The Fine Art of Conversation

Him: Hi Vedashree!
Methinks: Who is this guy? How does he know my name? Creep!Mesays: Hi!

Him: How're you doing?
Methinks: Okay, still don't know who this is. Quick, try to find out!Mesays: I'm fine. How're you? What are you doing here?

Him: I came here for an interview at XXZZ.
Methinks: That name means nothing to me. Who are you?
Mesays: Oh, that's nice. It's just behind my office.

Him: Oh? Where do you work?
Methinks: Hey wait, he looks like that guy from the University. N-something.
Mesays: O&M.

Him: That's where Piyush Pandey is, right?
Methinks: And he knows about advertising.Mesays: Yeah.

Him: So, what do you do?
Methinks: Shit. Whatshisnamewhatshisname? N-... N?
Mesays: I'm a writer. A copywriter.

Him: You look it.
Methinks: Pardon?
Mesays: Pardon?

Him: The pencil in your hair.
Methinks: Oh.
Mesays: Oh.

Him: So, how are your folks?
Methinks: Nope, not the guy from the University then.
Mesays: They're fine.

Him: And your brother? Tejas, isn't it?
Methinks: WTF? Who is this dude?
Mesays: Yes. He's good. He's studying engineering.

Him: Oh great... Well, this was nice, but I have to rush.
Methinks: Ohthankgod!
Mesays: Yeah, me too.

Him: I'll see you around.
Methinks: Neil! No, wait, that was the University guy. Aaaargh.
Mesays: Yup. Bye then.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Haha. Neil the Necrophiliac? I thought it was Kabir. Man, you have these way too many times.
-Archer
Veda said…
Neil the Necrophiliac!!! LOL!

Had forgotten 'bout that. Like Silence of the Goats, remember?
MeMyself_n_I said…
hahahahaha. that was hilarious.
also, a sense of deja vu hits me....
Lee said…
You tell that so well! I hate when I'm in that situation, it's worse though when my wife is standing next to me and I'm supposed to introduce! We've got a system now where I just look rude and she butts in and introduces herself.

If I just made an effort to remember stuff in the first place LOL
Veda said…
Nice strategy, Lee. Must remember to use it myself :)
Rohit Talwar said…
(while shaking hands)
I'm sorry I can't recall.. err Raghav right? But I swear to god it's so good to see you!
- No, you ass, Samir.

:-/

BTW, I uploaded that image again on my blog, hope you see it the next time you visit. :)
Veda said…
Yikes, hadn't noticed the typo.
*kicks self*

Will definitely see the image, Rohit.

Popular Posts