I Want Jay Leno's Job

Think about it.

Some writers, who probably get paid peanuts, write the scripts. Research assistants with equally bad paychecks do all the funny-material finding and all the scanning tabloids to find out celebrity background dope stuff. Production people do the set, get the coffee-mug and the coffee. The band does the music and the encore. The audience does the laughing- to- the- scripts- written- by- poorly-paid-writers bit. The guests do the answering uncomfortable questions part. The network pays everybody involved.

All Jay Leno has to do is show up and be mean on national television.

I think I could handle that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
But you have to put up some mean pounds for that. Think you can handle that? ; )
Veda said…
Oh, I don't think his weight has anything to do with it... :)
Anonymous said…
Trust me he has worked his way up... Could give you a few books and movies that would show you how hard.

-Archer
Rohit Talwar said…
Clearly, anyone who is massively overpaid (as you put it sometime back) has a lot of people working for peanuts. Nothing's fair in this world.
Lee said…
I still remember how disappointed I was when I realised that the talk show hosts all had a (rather large) team of writers. To be honest it took me quite a while to make the connection - I kinda knew but didn't focus on it.
Rohit Talwar said…
Hey, you might want to check out these.. http://rohittalwar.blogspot.com/2007/06/whod-spot-this-talent.html
Phish said…
we have enough clones of our very own indian stand up comedy on television nowadays. i guess to become a leno equivalent in our country we need to do a few things very well-

1. be able to mimic film stars and/or politicians
2. be excessively loud
3. recycle old jokes with mucho enthusiasm.

i still wonder how you came with the theory that he (leno) has an easy job. i mean you did put forth the co-ordinates. but i admit, i like the thought.

yes, who wouldn't like to be leno.

Popular Posts