Have Cab, Will Bug

Taxi-drivers in Mumbai are a breed by themselves. It's almost as if being a cab driver messes about with your DNA by forcibly injecting it with the Jerk Gene. This, of course, isn't new information - I'm sure that most of you have, at some point or the other, wanted to do anatomically impossible things involving a steel rod to some members of this class. I know I have, particularly in the past week, when I've come face to face with,

The guy who expects me to pay him 37 bucks in exact change at 9 in the morning
The guy who shares his life history with me whether I like it or not
The guy who persistently asks creepy personal questions
The guy who checks me out before deeming me good enough to ride in his cab
The guy who refuses to go anywhere I want to
The guy who keeps the meter up but refuses to take passengers
The guy who agrees to give me a ride, but changes his mind after I get into the cab
The guy who complains about everything, including the fact that I'm making him drive

And my personal favourite,

The guy who just drives in any odd direction, without knowing the way, figuring that we'll reach there one way or the other.

All said and done, I have only this to say:

Dear Scooty, come back home, all is forgiven.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Why, what's happened to the Scooty?
DefTone:)
h3lios said…
Don't forget the one who looks at your baggage suspiciously and harps on suspecting you to be a terrorist with a bomb.
Veda said…
Well, there was a slight problem. The Scooty thought she had free will. Headlights used to go off and indicators used to switch on all by themselves.

I figured she needed servicing. Or exorcism. Or both. Anyway, she should be back tonight.
Mystique said…
who cares about the lights? she got you around town na?
oh you're brave.....i wouldnt want to drive in mumbai...buses and cabs are good enough for me...
oh, i did your tag....
Veda said…
That's just you, Lennon-boy :)
Rohit Talwar said…
I hope she is back man! All well with her? Is she indicating well now? ;)
Veda said…
She is back, but is taking some time to recover. She can indicate without trouble but they say I'll have to keep her under observation for a few days.

Popular Posts