I Asked For It

Alcohol
Meat
Fish
Eggs
Eggplant
Tomatoes
Raw mangoes
Raw mango pickle
Bananas
Guavas
Chickoos
Custard Apples
Jackfruit
Any fruit with milk
Sour yoghurt
Raw onion
Raw onion in sour yoghurt
Peas
Corn
Gram or gram flour
Cauliflower
Cabbage
Capsicum
Shrikhand (a dessert made from flavoured, fermented yoghurt)
Anything with sugar syrup (including jalebis and gulab jamuns)
Fried stuff like papads or pakoras
Too much salt
Ice-cream at night


These are the things my doctor has advised me to not eat, as long as I'm on medication for certain health problems. This might take about a year.

Serves me right, I guess. For cocking a snook at people who follow rigorous diets, for laughing my ass off at those who closely watch the weighing scales, for eating anything and everything worth eating, enjoying every morsel, gloating over every bite and writing about it all. Bloody karma.

May God give me the strength to eat what little isn't on that list. Amen.

Comments

Lee said…
I sympathise - being a vegetarian diabetic there are one or two things as you can imagine that I have to avoid.

There will no doubt be days that you'll want to pull out your hair in frustration because you are just tired and sick of it all. Unfortunately there's no sage like advice for that situation - just take it day by day. Try and focus on experimenting with new foods or the foods that you can have that you actually like!

Oh and it sucks! That's all there is to it. At least you can cut back chomping on raw onion at your desk!
schizo said…
what??!!!

are you dying?

i would be if i actually kept off these

what malady ails thee failr lady that such a severe cross be laid on thine shoulders

in other words, the doctor in me is professionally curious and skeptical about such a seroious dies restriction


get well

ciao

schizo
Suchintya said…
I always believed that you pay for your sins in this world itself. But I never thought that it would be so painful. :D

On second thoughts, whatever it is, it is really serious. Good Luck Woman!
Rohit Talwar said…
Even alcohol?
May God be with you.


Be good, man. Looks serious... but even alcohol?! Sheesh.
Mystique said…
owch....what happened to you...is it soooo bad u can't even eat YOGHURT????
best of luck laydee, keep me posted on ur survival.

Popular Posts