Damn You, Google

On Friday, my phone rang. It was a South Bombay number.

"Yeah, Dad?"(Now what did I do?)
"So... you have a blog." (... that I didn't know about till now.)
"Erm, yeah. How'd you know?"(Shit. Shit. Shit.)
"I came across it on Google."(You're busted, kid.)
"Oh. Right."(WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GOOGLING ME FOR?)
"It's been around for a while now."(... and I still knew nothing about it till today...)
"Er... yes, a couple of years or so." (This is not good, this is SO not good...)
"February 2006, it says here." (I own you now.)
"Yeah. Ok. Cool. See you at home?" (This is absurd. I'm an adult. I'm not scared of him. I'm just shitting my pants.)
"Yes. Bye." (Muhahhahahahahahahahahahaha.)
PS: Dad, if you're reading this, PLEASE STOP.


Comments

AV said…
lol... i really hope my parents dont do the same! :D
if ur father is too mad atu, then write a father-senti post n i m sure he'll be impressed n forgive u! :D
Lazy Lavender said…
You scare me. My dad doesn't know I blog. He has been asking me to blog for a while and I told him I am not interested.

Now what should I do? Find out every place I have mentioned my name and change it to some weird Chinese name? But my blog is in India. You think I could borrow your name? ;)
hopscotch said…
:)
And now will come the "why did you write that?" or "Is this really true?"
Good luck !
. said…
Hey Veda's dad, it's all good. Really.
Mystique said…
@ veda's dad: your daughter is a great writer.

i'm sorry, so why IS it so very very scary?
yeah my dad knows i blog, he thinks i should be studying more though....sigh.
thankfully he doesn't read it much.
no but seriously.
what's the fuss about?
ps hope it goes well. not being sarky or anything, just genuinely wondering.
Anahat said…
hey.. It can't be that bad. Not only do my folks read my posts they enjoy telling other friends of theirs and relatives of mine to... Yeah!!! Joy!!
It's all good!!
Hopped over from last wanderer...
Priyanka said…
Lol!!
Did he comment on the post where you described him and you brother?? ;)
Like ahahat above said, think of it as free publicity!! Am sure he will boast that his daughter writes so beautifully to his friends.
buddharoolz said…
this can so happen to me... you write well.

Popular Posts