Oh come, all ye stupid.

--> --> -->Matrimonial sites make me mean.
I know what you're thinking - Veda, seriously dude, you ARE mean, it doesn't take a catalyst, it's pretty much there.

And I agree. But that meanness is sort of dormant most of the time. It's like a pet dog that lazes about in the sun till some jackass throws a pebble at it to provoke it.

Matrimonial sites are that jackass. They seriously bring out the mean, bitchy, elitist, English snob in me. The one who likes to point and laugh at people when they fuck up grammar, social etiquette or general rules of common sense.

And these gentlemen are the reason why:

"I am down to earth person. I am looking for beautiful and well educated life partner who is well educated and mature."

"I dont like travelling much. But would always wish for a partner who likes travelling and persuades me towards it."

"Being the only child of my parents, people are likely to assume that I am a brazen and loud character. But quite contrary to their expectation, I am pretty much docile."

"I like to stay in shape. When in Pune I climb Parvati 15-20 times as a workout!"

And my personal favourite:

"I am searching a girl I don't care how she looks what aver the others think she must have to understand me and I will do the same. I feel this for my self I am eligible bachelor never married and aspect a girl with non irritating behavior little bit stupid and funny"

Must... not... give... in... to... dark side.

Comments

Rati said…
How about the evergreen, sure-to-get-girl line:
''Looking for well educated, beautiful girl who can cook and will not only be a life partner but also a good friend''
You have to appreciate the humour they infuse into our otherwise boring lives!
illusionaire said…
Hi. Nice blog :-)

Yeah, matrimonial ads are crazy. But its also a good source of entertainment when you're with friends on a lazy sunday afternoon. :D

I like the dude from Pune who stays in shape. lolz. Hope he was talking about the temple and not some woman called Parvati... :D
R said…
I hope your profile on this site has your blog address.
Priyanka said…
Lol. The last one was too good. Grammer aside, the asinine, chauvinistic and conceited-ness of the guy ads are hilarious. The womens' ads are more about what they are(not that they aren't as funny), but the guys' ads - well, you know ;)
Darshan Chande said…
Matrimonial sites is a ridiculous concept altogether. I am amazed to see them being so popular. It tells a lot about people I am living with!!
ashish said…
Lol !! The meaner side of Veda is too good :) Must give into the darkness - May the force be with you
R said…
I am reading this again, and dude, I just noticed it's funny enough that you are being made to sign in to matrimonial sites. Or is it for the humour. Tell, tell.
I sincerely hope that you were perusing these sites merely as a source of entertainment. Otherwise, well...why would you?
atthecruxofit said…
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
just when i had almost forgotten this source of entertainment in the newspapers, i read this. :)
Usha said…
Seriously...Why WERE YOU checking out all this...? Cheap kicks in life eh? ;)
susie said…
Oh I have one...

"I am a work alcoholic though I do not drink"
Anonymous said…
have you watched 'Charlie and the chocolate factory'?
its a similar situation when guys login to a matrimonial website:P
Mystique said…
another source of entertainment, btw, is the Mumbai Mirror sexpert.
Anonymous said…
Funny. Though don't dismiss matrimonial sites completely. It could work out. Patience is called for. Sense of humor, you already have. Good luck hunting!
Rene Lacoste said…
Then there are those who look for "homely" chicks :D I mean, Oxford says homely means unattractive! I don't think we've progressed that far out as a society!
amrit said…
ROTFL over "little bit stupid and funny" ha ha - losers!

Popular Posts